Job Vacancy - Activity Coordinator
Reports to: Manager
Supports long-term care patients by developing and administering comprehensive activity, educational, and social programs; arranging special events.
* Analyses patient needs, interests, and past lifestyles by interviewing patients; recording their current participation; attending patient evaluation conferences; gathering information from other health professionals and patient families.
* Keeps patients informed of activity and personal services opportunities by telling them about the availability of leisure programs and recreational activities; preparing and distributing monthly and weekly schedules of activities and their locations; providing request slips for assistance in attending activities and events or for personal services.
* Keeps other health professionals informed by conducting in-service training; posting bulletins, including information in the hospital newsletter; involving outside agencies.
* Plans and implements programs by assessing needs; designing programs to promote socialization, provide educational opportunities, entertain, raise spirits, and increase spirituality.
* Plans and promotes special events by surveying patient interests; involving the community; giving presentations to community organizations; gathering support from external social agencies, using community resources.
* Trains health care professionals and volunteers by conducting in-service programs on social, recreational, educational, and spiritual programs available; gathering their ideas for new programs.
* Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing programs; implementing changes.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
* Serves and protects the long-term care and hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital and long-term care policies and procedures to local requirements, and national standards.
* Enhances long-term care and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Meeting Planning, Scheduling, Internal Communications, Written Communication, Patient Services, Bedside Manner, Initiative, Energy Level, Multi-tasking, Proactive, Organisation